Addison is located about 13 miles north of downtown Dallas. During the late 1970′s and early 1980′s, Addison experienced explosive growth. The residential population has grown to about 13,250 people, but the business and daytime population typically reaches up to 100,000 a day. There are 21 apartment complexes and over 1,500 single-family homes and town homes all conveniently located within 4.5 square miles.

Addison is a bustling town that is alive with entrepreneurial spirit where small start-ups to major corporations are headquartered including Pizza Hut, Mary Kay Cosmetics, CompUSA and Palm Harbor Homes. Within a compact urban center, Addison has a unique combination of towering office buildings, upscale shopping, beautifully landscaped residential communities, award-winning parks, 21 hotels and more than 135 restaurants, all within a five minute drive from anywhere in town.

Addison is only 16 miles northeast of the DFW airport, 11 miles north of Love Field Airport and about a mile from the Dallas Galleria. The Addison Airport is a convenient way to arrive for charter and private planes. World-class shopping, excellent restaurants, friendly people and beautiful spaces make Addison a fun place to live, work, play and visit.

The average sales price for a home in Addison is $246,700, but some homes sell for over $2 million.

Schools

History

The Town of Addison is located in an area once called Peters Colony. It was settled as early as 1846 when Preston Witt built a house on White Rock Creek. The area was not known as Addison until 1902. Addison was named after Addison Robertson, who served as the community’s second postmaster from 1908-1916. In 1902, the first industry was introduced to Addison when a cotton gin was built on Addison Road.

The Town of Addison was incorporated on June 15, 1953. In 1975, an election to allow liquor by the drink served in town was a major attribute to the expansion of businesses and restaurants. All combined, Addison’s restaurants and eating establishments can seat over 20,000 patrons at one time. In 1978, Addison constructed its first town park, and by 1980 an aggressive beautification program was under way. Today, Addison’s 118 acres of parks are some of the finest in Texas, each uniquely themed and beautifully landscaped.

Community Links