Richardson is located just north of Dallas about 20 minutes from downtown. It covers 28.5 square miles and has a population of 95,650. In 1951, Collins Radio opened a Richardson office, ushering the City into the electronic era. Central Expressway opened in 1954 and the agricultural city of the past became a community of shopping centers and homes. On June 26, 1956, its 5000 residences adopted a home rule charter and the council/manager form of government that still operates today. Also in 1956, Texas Instruments opened its offices just south of the Richardson border and land values increased dramatically as the City made significant advances in population and economic status.

Schools

History
Community Information